Friday, April 30, 2010

Dr. Pepper Chicken

My husband (Logan) and I love Cafe Rio. So much so, that it's become my lifetime goal to eat at Cafe Rio 100 times before we leave Utah. Pathetic, I know (but, seriously it is sooooo yummy)! My favorite thing to get is their Sweet Pork Barbacoa. It's so sweet, juicy, and incredible. We found out that they actually marinate their pork in Dr. Pepper.....so one day Logan and I decided to try it out for ourselves, but with chicken. It was amazing! We loved it!


INGREDIENTS
  • 6 chicken breast halves
  • 2 cups of ketchup, preferably Heinz ketchup
  • 2 liters of Dr. Pepper
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder

DIRECTIONS
  1. Place chicken breast halves into a 2 quart or slightly larger pot. (Crock Pot works well too). 
  2. Pour ketchup and Dr. Pepper into the large pot or Crock Pot. Add onion and garlic powder. 
  3. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick/sticky and the chicken is cooked through, about 2 hours. Eat the chicken plain, or shred and serve on buns (we ate it with rice and cooked broccoli). 

Serves 6. 


Adapted from All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment