Friday, April 30, 2010

Chicken Scampi




When I first came across this recipe, I thought to myself....it sounds so difficult and I bet it takes a long time to make! Boy, was I wrong! It's probably one of the easiest, quickest recipes to follow and it tastes delicious. This is one of Logan's favorites. It's our go-to recipe when we can't think of anything else to make for dinner and Logan loves to make it simply because it's quick, easy, and yummy! I love it when my husband cooks =)


INGREDIENTS
  • 4 chicken breast halves (boneless)
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp. dried parsley
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 - 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms (chopped) and/or 1 can of chopped mushrooms, optional
  • 1/4 cup red bell peppers (sliced), optional
  • freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste 
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste  

DIRECTIONS
      1. In a skillet heat the butter/margarine and oil over medium high until the butter/margarine melt. 
      2.  Add the parsley, basil, oregano, and garlic. Mix together in the skillet. Stir in lemon juice.
      3. Add the chicken and saute for about 3 minutes or until each side is white. Add the mushrooms and red bell peppers (this is optional, but I would HIGHLY recommend it).
      4. Lower the heat and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
      5. Serve over rice or spaghetti noodles, topped with grated Parmesan cheese. (I served this with bow-tie noodles and garlic bread).  

      Serves 4.


      Adapted from All Recipes

      No comments:

      Post a Comment